Tuesday 9 June 2015

FEATURE SITE: STYLIZIMO BY NINA HOLST



I have been following Stylizimo religiously for the past few years now. The author, Nina Holst, is probably one of my favorite interior decorator. I was inspired when I first bumped into the site, and ever since then, I find it amazing that black and white can be incorporated into home interior decoration and yet, still achieve a perfect balance despite the fact that these two colors are the most contrasting colors out of the color palette. Here are some images from Nina Holst new home and I must say, I am absolutely in love with it!



We tend to neglect walls at corners of the living spaces, however I think this black corner wall is a job well done. The bold black wall creates a very dramatic effect, yet the matte color softens the wall, while the space is not wasted by converting it into a very stylish book shelf.



The wood element from the wishbone chair makes a nice soft contrast against the whole black and white theme of the home. 



The black kitchen looks ridiculously stunning! Of course the natural lights coming from the windows play an important role in keeping the kitchen bright. Love how the brass kitchen faucet pops out from the black kitchen element.





Here is a very good example of minimal home decor whereby sometimes less is more. I like how the simple Ikea besta drawers are being arranged in a row and used here, for extra storage spaces in the bedroom. Definitely using this idea for my future home!

Images by Nina Holst : Source

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Black, white and grey. The contrast of black and white has been a much loved color combination both in fashion and interiors for many many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I hope more people are able to see the beauty of it, as most people deemed black and white, being too cold for home interior. Hope you are inspired by my very new blog anyway. = )

      Delete